NanoPundit -Where Society, Science and the Law get really, really small.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Nanosys Intellectual Property Update

Below, in commenting on the withdrawal of the Nanosys IPO I stated

The Nanosys portfolio seems a bit thin at this point with no issued patents and 11 published applications. It is of course possible that Nanosys has patent rights beyond what I have found through licenses or assignments that don’t show up on the PTO database.

I’m glad I included that line about “licenses or assignments that don’t show up on the PTO database.” With a little more research I found that Nanosys is infact the “Nkuku wa za Banga” (Translation: "all conquering warrior, who goes from triumph to triumph") of nanotechnology licensing. Nanosys currently has licensing deals with Massachusetts Institute of Technology, UCLA, University of California, Berkeley, and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home